The Flaming Lips will be bringing their ‘American Head American Tour’ to The Palace Theatre on Friday, April 8th and you don’t want to miss it!
The Flaming Lips are an American rock band, formed in Norman, Oklahoma in 1983. Career highlights include:
- Winner of 3 Grammy Awards & Nominated for 3 additional ones
- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (2002) certified Gold in the US
- Countless appearances on late night TV over a span of 25 years: Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, David Letterman, Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien
- Released and produced an album with Miley Cyrus and appeared with as her band on the MTV VMAs and Saturday Night Live
- Contribution to The SpongeBob Musical was nominated in 2018 for a Tony Award ‘Best Original Score’ and won ‘Outstanding New Score’ at the Outer Critics Circle Award
- Appeared in Hyundai Super Bowl XLVII commercial in 2013
- In 2012, won the Guinness World Record for Most Live Concerts Performed in 24 Hours, breaking Jay-Z’s record
- “Do You Realize??” is Oklahoma’s Official State Rock Song
- The Soft Bulletin won Best Album and Album Of The Year at the NME Awards in 2000
- Flaming Lips Alley is a street in downtown Oklahoma City, OK, dedicated to the band in 2007
- In 2011, released the first-ever 24-hour song, “7 Skies H” Has performed with Philip Glass, Yoko Ono, and Sean Lennon, Beck, The White Stripes, Phantogram, Grace Potter, Jackson Browne
- Has recorded with Chris Martin, Tame Impala, Kacey Musgraves, Kesha, Bon Iver, Mick Jones (The Clash), Nick Cave, Erykah Badu
- Appeared on soundtracks Batman Forever, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Wedding Crashers, Ender’s Game, Good Luck Chuck, Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, The Hearbreak Kid, and most recently, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
- Fearless Freaks, a 2005 documentary on the band, features appearances from Christina Ricci, Beck, Adam Goldberg, The White Stripes, Liz Phair, and more
Heartless Bastards are opening the show so get there early! On the new album A Beautiful Life, Heartless Bastards share a wide-eyed and radiant vision for harmonizing a broken world. The Ohio-bred and Texas-transplanted band’s first new music since 2015’s Restless Ones, A Beautiful Life affirms frontwoman Erika Wennerstrom as a songwriter with the power to profoundly influence our state of mind, often by alchemizing her idealism into viscerally potent rock-and-roll songs. With its delicate coalescence of so many eclectic touchstones—French pop and Celtic folk, space rock and symphonic pop, Disney scores and post-punk—the result is an album that immediately lures the listener into a more receptive mindset, one that leads to deeper generosity, greater compassion, and a restored sense of possibility.
Tickets are still available HERE!