Surly Brewing and Minnesota United team up again to host their annual boot soccer tournament, this year on the Great Lawn at Allianz Field. The boot soccer tournament is part of the 2020 MN UFC Housewarming which includes the launch of the new 2020 kit in the Black & Blue Team Store, including appearances by players and PK throughout the day. The Brew Hall will be open to sate your appetite and there will be coffee, hot chocolate and beer for sale on the Great Lawn.
Never seen boot soccer before? Think boot hockey, but soccer. This is a one of a kind event – anywhere. Snow. Small fields. 5v5. No keepers. No cleats allowed; only snow boots. Supporters groups will be invited, all the teams will be coed, 32 teams will play and every team is guaranteed two matches, music, and of course – beer.
Because Minnesota winters are an unpredictable beast, Surly and Minnesota United reserve the right to cancel this event in case of severe weather. Cancellation will be announced 24 hours prior to the event start time.
– Each match will be 5v5.
– No Keepers.
– Matches will run 20 minutes.
– Each player is required to wear snow boots. (Snow boots, moon boots, duck boots, hunting boots, rubber goulashes, etc.)
– No Cleats, Hiking Boots, Yak Tracks, or Tennis Shoes.
– Each team can have up to 10 players on their roster.
– Teams must be coed and a minimum of one woman must be on the field at all times.
– All players must be 18 years of age or older.
– Each team is guaranteed two matches.
– Each player must sign a waiver before stepping on the field.
– Event is all ages and open for friends & family to cheer you on.
The doors open at 9:00 a.m. and the 3rd Annual Surly Boot Soccer tournament runs from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This event is open to the public and there is no cost to come cheer on your favorite team.